Prayer Board

This is an opportunity for those of you who’d like to leave Makoa a get well message or prayer a chance to do so. ┬áSimply leave a comment below and we will read them each day to Makoa encouraging him to be fearless and gain the strength to be well.

106 Responses to “Prayer Board”

1. Lindsey 07. Jan, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

Makoa, we are so blessed to be your parents. You are truly a gift from God and we are so grateful He has brought you too us. I know you will be strong and fight and be home with us soon.

Love Mom and Dad.

2. Mike & Aimee 07. Jan, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

We just want to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and we hope you get strong enough to go home soon and be together with your family. Sending love and support, The Kielborns

3. Mike & Aimee 07. Jan, 2010 at 8:10 pm #

Makoa,
    We are holding you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and we can’t wait until you are strong enough to go home and be with your family. In the meantime, we know you are in the best place possible while you are getting stronger and surrounded by people who love and care for you.
    Sending love and Hope,
    Mike and Aimee

4. Auntie Robyn Schaefer 07. Jan, 2010 at 8:48 pm #

Sweet Makoa, I can’t wait to meet you someday soon, but until that time, I am sending you my love and prayers, you are truly a blessed child of God.

5. Lala 07. Jan, 2010 at 10:13 pm #

Our little Makoa – the translation of your Hawaiian name is “fearless.” With the spirit of a warrior you came into the world with determination and strength. In the short time you have been in our world, you have already brought people together from across the nation to offer their prayers for your healing. You are our little miracle. We are blessed to have you in our lives.
    Lala and Umpah

6. Grammy and Papa 07. Jan, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Baby Makoa you are touched by God in so many ways. You will be his guiding light in all our hearts. Our prayers will never end for you and your family. You will love this family of yours, they are filled with love and faith from your heavenly father.

7. Celeste 07. Jan, 2010 at 11:01 pm #

Precious Makoa…how fitting your name is for you! My hope is that you gain much strength from all of those who love you and wish you well esp. mom, dad, Kaya, Noa, Lala, Umpah, Grammy, Papa, and the many many others including me. We all await your speedy recovery and truly look forward to watching you grow up. Many many blessings, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family!

<3 ofa lahi atu, Auntie Celeste

8. Cory 07. Jan, 2010 at 11:09 pm #

Makoa,
    Our little nephew! Uncle Cory and Aunt Tracy are so lucky and happy to have you in our lives. We are so blessed and will learn from your strength and fearlessness. You are a beautiful child and we love you so much. Stay strong and fight! Everyone’s prayers and love is with you and your wonderful family.
    Uncle Cory and Aunt Tracy xoxo

9. Brenda, Ashley,Anna & Jody 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:27 am #

Dear Lindsey and Tiffany, You have all of Virginia in our thoughts and definately our Prayers. Be strong!! I am keeping your Granddad informed of everything you post. They will be calling you soon. Makoa is beautiful!!

10. Tim 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:35 am #

Makoa,
    “Uncle” Tim and “Aunt” Vickie want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery. You are blessed with a family who loves you very much and they will be there to support you always. We look forward to meeting you soon!
    –The Farmers

11. Bauchiero Family 08. Jan, 2010 at 7:09 am #

Sweet Makoa,
    Our whole family is praying for you, just as yours prayed for our sweet Corinna! “He has put His angels in charge of you to watch over you wherever you go” (Ps. 91:11).
    Love, the Bauchieros

12. Emily and Ally 08. Jan, 2010 at 7:50 am #

Makoa-
    Be strong! We want you to come home soon so that we can play with you. We pray for you every night. We love you so much.
    Your cousins, Emily and Ally

13. Uncle Pete and Aunt Kiki 08. Jan, 2010 at 8:28 am #

Makoa-
    Everytime we have seen you or held you you have showed us there is a light and a spirit inside of you. Keep fighting little man show your mommy how strong you are. You have a wonderful family waiting for you at home. And even more Aunts, Uncles, and cousins who are waiting to love you and help you grow. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
    Uncle Pete and Aunt Kiki

14. Emily and Ally 08. Jan, 2010 at 8:32 am #

Makoa-
    Get strong! We want you to come home so we can hold you and play with you. We pray for you every night.
    We love you!
    Your cousins,
    Emily and Ally

15. The Bretschneiders 08. Jan, 2010 at 9:23 am #

Baby Makoa–You look like an angel, and we know that God protects his angels. We are praying for your strength to improve every day. Soon you’ll be home with Kaia and Nainoa.

16. Vanessa & Ryan 08. Jan, 2010 at 9:57 am #

Baby Makoa! Welcome to this beautiful world and loving family! We are praying that you will be fortified with God’s love and strength as your grow each day. We are praying for you everyday and know that God will hold you in His loving arms as you get stronger and stronger! Our prayers are will your mom and dad as well for strength, peace and comfort. Many blessings to you and your entire family!

Much love, Ryan & Vanessa

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

17. Makoa's Big Brother Nainoa 08. Jan, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Happy New Year Makoa. I love you Makoa. I want you to come home because I love you and I want you to play with my toys. You will like my racing car track. I will share it with you.
    Love you,
    Nainoa

Kaia will tell you her words later when she ‘s home from school. She made you a picture.

18. The Kalama Ohana 08. Jan, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Dear Tiff,

Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might….trust God with your sweet Makoa…He’s got it all under control. He will give you the strength to endure this like you never thought you could. Love you guys!

Mamakalama

19. Vickie and Tim 08. Jan, 2010 at 10:54 am #

Makoa
    Welcome to the world!!! We are looking forward to meeting you.
    We pray for you and your family, that you will get to come home soon. You have so much to look forward to in this world – keep fighting.
    With love,
    The Farmers

20. Susy Ruddle 08. Jan, 2010 at 10:59 am #

Makoa, I am headed to an ancient site here on the Big Island. I will ask that your ancestors carry you in their arms to safety. we are all praying for you and your beautiful family. Susy, Francis and Will

21. Jessica Kalama 08. Jan, 2010 at 10:59 am #

hiiii baby makoa….you don’t know me yet but one day you will. i pray for you everyday…i pray that the Lord will hold you and comfort you and give you HIS strength. you are a blessing and a miracle from God. you have an amazing family waiting to love on you. Be strong bud! <3

Hi Tiff and Linds..I'm also praying for you guys everyday. It's so awesome to see the transformation that the Lord has made with you guys and your family. Continue to seek Him first and He will give you the desires of your heart. Hang in there..God never gives us more than we can handle. Nothing gets to us without first going through the hands of the Father. Everything is going to be okay! I can't wait to meet makoa and love him just like i love your other two kids. You guys are so awesome and I am more than blessed to have you in my life.

i LOVE you. Jess

22. Stephanie Casper 08. Jan, 2010 at 11:02 am #

We all are thinking of you Baby Makoa, Daddy Lindsey, and Mama Tiffany back here in North Carolina! Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you as you go through this. May God be with you and Bless you during this time. Makoa, I know you will progress, continue to be strong, and be home with your mom, dad, and big brother Nainoa soon. Tiff and Lindsey, if there is anything we can do from here, please let us know.
    Love,
    Stephanie, Chris, Haley, Grandma Ruth and Grandaddy Norvin in NC!

23. Kate Strand 08. Jan, 2010 at 11:14 am #

Dear Makoa,
    I’ve been thinking about and praying for you a lot lately. I hope more than anything that you are well. Please know that you were born into the most wonderful and loving family, and if anyone can get though this, it’s you. I pray for your continued fearlessness and the opportunity for the best infant care. I am anxiously awaiting meeting you – so hurry up and come home!!

Love you Breeden family! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Love,
    Kate

24. Aunt Tracy 08. Jan, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

Tiff and Linds,
    I know Cory wrote a little prayer to Makoa last night but, today is a new day and a big day as parents to be strong as you are going home without your new little “fearless” joy in life. As I have been there everyday to share the ups and downs of this journey, I not only pray for Makoa but for you guys. You know I will be there everyday to hold your little boy to give him the strength he needs to go home to your family. I came across this little poem for parents and I think it will be very important for you guys to read and remember through these next couple weeks ahead. I love you both and all 3 of your children with all of my heart. They are all so special and differnt in so many ways. They know how to make me laugh, cry, get frustrated ;-) and just sit there and give them kisses over and over again. In these past few days I have experience all of those emotions with new baby Makoa as well and I can’t wait for a lifetime of memories with him.

I love you

This is for you…

The Parent’s Prayer
    Dear God,
    I know we will have lots of fun.
    Help me to be firm and wise
    and see things through my child’s eyes.
    Give me courage and patience too
    so I’ll know the right things to do.
    Please show me what I need to know
    so I can help my child grow.
    Thank you for this life you’ve shared
    trusting me to take great care.
    Help me please to always see
    the blessing you have given me!

25. Makoa's Big Sister Kaialani 08. Jan, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

Dear Makoa – I hope you feel better and will come home soon. Nainoa and I will share our room with you. We love you.
    Kaialani

26. Makoa's Neighbor "LaLa" Isabelle 08. Jan, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

I like you Makoa even though I don’t know you. I live across the street. I live with my mom, my dad, my sisters, Paloma and Erika and we want to meet you. Kaia and me are making you a picture today to make you feel better.
    Bye,
    Lala Isabelle

27. Tasha 08. Jan, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

Dear Baby Makoa,

From the moment I found out that you were coming into this world I was so excited! I know that the past few days have been tough, but I want you to know that I have been thinking and praying for you DAILY. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I can’t wait to finally meet you! I love you and all of your family very much.

Love,
    Tash

PS- Greg wanted to teach you a prayer that he loved to say growing up when he was asked to say grace before a meal. Hoprfully you’ll like it too! “Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub! Yay for God!” :)

WE LOVE YOU and stay strong buddy!

28. Aunt Pat and Uncle George 08. Jan, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Dear Makoa,

We have been praying for you since we first heard the joyful news that you were coming to join our family many months ago. We know that you are a precious gift from God and that God selected two very special parents just for you – Tiffany and Lindsey. They love you with all their heart.

Makoa, God sent you as a messenger of his love. God also says that when we are weak we are strong in Him. We are all trusting God that he has great plans for you and that he is going to grow you up to be a man after his heart.

We love you,
    Aunt Pat and Uncle George

29. Michael and Lindsae 08. Jan, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

Dearest Little Makoa,

We are holding you very close to our hearts and keeping you in our prayers. You are such an inspiration; bringing people together in prayer, reminding us all of the precious gifts we have in our families and loved ones. Know that you are loved beyond measure. Your Mama is one of those people who was made for motherhood, such an inspiration to me as a mother. So patient and loving. And your Dad, he sings the BEST Lullabys. Your brother and sister can’t wait to share their toys with you and teach you all they know about the big big world. They are your life long friends to share in your laughter and to throw sand at anyone who makes you cry. We love you and can’t wait to meet you this summer!

Uncle Mikey and Auntie Linds

30. Cindy Mackey 08. Jan, 2010 at 5:49 pm #

Dearest Baby Makoa,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday wishing you vibrant good health and sunshine upon your beautiful infant face. Your grandma Laurie and grandpa David are dear friends of ours here in Honolulu. We look forward to meeting you someday.
    Aloha with love, Cindy Mackey & Doug McClaflin

31. The Lee's 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:01 pm #

Dearest precious baby Makoa,
    I’m balling as we read the updates on your status, and it is awesome to know how many people are lifting you up and loving you through this rough start. Your family loves you so much and is doing whatever it will take to make sure you are taken such good care of and figure out how to get you better as soon as possible. I know you know that you are loved, and since you came straight from God and can still hear the angels singing around Him loud and clear, enjoy the sound of them thanking Him for making you as well as the prayers of all of us here who love you and are eager for your perfect healing.
    For God created your inmost being;
    He knit you together in your mother’s womb.
    You are fearfully and wonderfully made;
    His works are wonderful,
    You know that full well.
    Nothing is too big for the One who created you, and He is working even now with your doctors and your mommy and daddy to get your little body working the way He designed it to work. He will carry us all through this and we will all be able to look back and thank Him for the miracle you are and the amazing life you’re going to have. We are excited to hear that you’ll possibly get to go to a special hospital that’s just right for babies to get better, and that after that you’ll be heading home strong and healthy and ready to play with your big sister and brother and your loving mommy and daddy. In the meantime, know how much you are loved and how wanted you are, and that you will have lots of hugs and kisses waiting for you from all of us. We love you Makoa! This is what God promises to you:
    “So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
    Isaiah 41:10

32. Allison and Phil 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

Makoa,

You are in our thoughts and we look forward to the day when we will get the joy of meeting you. We will continue to pray for your continued strength in the coming days.

Much Love,

Phil and Allison

33. Nathan 08. Jan, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

Little Makoa,Linds,Tiff and the entire Breeden clan
    Stay strong for one another and he will be home with you soon. My thoughts and prayers are with all you.
    Me Ke Aloha Pumehana
    “With the warmth of my love”
    Nate

34. The Silvestro Family 08. Jan, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

Dear Tiffany and Lindsey – right now there are no words to make it better but know that prayer and love are powerful. You are blessed with a loving family and may you gain strength and peace knowing that Makoa is loved and watched over. Stay strong and may you feel the love and blessings of our loving God.
    Our prayers are with you ~ Dianne and John

35. Dan Bauchiero 08. Jan, 2010 at 8:44 pm #

Dear Makoa,

I know you can fight through this, because you are a gift from God. I pray for your strength and for your ability to eat. I pray for your parents Peace. I pray for your Dr.’s minds, give them the ability to figure out the best course for you. Please keep you safe and healthy. Stay Strong, Stay Fearless, you are God’s Child!

We Love You!

Dan, Jess, Drew and Corinna!

36. Bob and Amy Schwartz 08. Jan, 2010 at 11:11 pm #

Makoa
    We are looking forward to meeting very soon. Your parents and Grandparents know where to find me and coffee is on me. Also know the Schwartz family are sending our prayers up via our channels to add assurance we have all bases covered. Much deep love to you and your family.
    - The Schwartzs

37. the Duffeys 09. Jan, 2010 at 7:43 am #

Sweet baby Makoa – we are thinking of you and praying for you every day. Keep opening those eyes and looking at your parents and letting them know you will be okay. Lots of love to you Tiff and Lindsey, we are looking forward to meeting Makoa soon!

Love,
    Tracy, Spencer, Kate and Fletcher

38. Patti Maloof 09. Jan, 2010 at 8:02 am #

Dear Makoa,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you every day, and I know that He is lifting you up, and helping you to grow stronger. I’m praying for your Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins as well. You have so much love around you, and are so blessed to have been given to such a wonderful family. I cannot wait to meet you and pray that you will be home soon!

39. Cathy 09. Jan, 2010 at 9:11 am #

Dearest Makoa,
    I am a friend of “Tutu Laurie’s”, and I’ve been waiting to hear the news of your birth. Welcome, my dear! Long distance prayers and love for you and your family are being sent daily from my home. Know that you are a blessing in every life you touch.
    Warmest aloha,
    Cathy

40. Crissy 09. Jan, 2010 at 10:50 am #

Sweet Breedens,
    Amanda and I send our love to all of you. You are in our prayers and meditations and we can’t wait to see all of you soon.

Stay strong Makoa, you have an amazing family to grow up in. Everyone is waiting to hold you in their arms.

Love and Light,
    Crissy and Amanda

41. Gary Dennis 09. Jan, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

Makoa,

All of us at LCPC are praying for you. We have talked a lot about you and your mom and day. We can’t wait for the first time we see you here. It will be a great day!

Gary and all the staff

42. Amy Schwartz 09. Jan, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

Baby Makoa,
    We are praying for you and your family. You have a beautiful loving family… Get strong soon so that you can be home soon.
    With much love,
    Amy, Bob, Zach and Jake

43. Choppie Kalama 09. Jan, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

Makoa,Makoa, Makoa,
    Brave, Fearless, Soldier;
    In the name of Jesus, Be Healed!!!

44. Aunt Pat and Uncle George 09. Jan, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

Dear Makoa,

Baby Makoa,

You are related to Pat and I and we are praying every day for you. We have not had the privilege to meet you yet because Aunt Pat is sick with a bad cold and we don’t want to get anyone sick that’s around you. But
    we know that you are a very special child and that your parents have been blessed by God to have the opportunity to care for and love you. And Makoa, that’s exactly what they are doing. You are very fortunate to have such a great Mommy and Daddy.You just keep fighting and show them, and the rest of the world, what a tough little guy you are. You have one other advantage on your side. God knows everything about you and He loves you more than any of us are capable of loving another person. He knows what you need and He is using you for His purposes,
    and has your life all planned out. Aunt Pat and I look eagerly forward to seeing what God has planned for you. Right now He has you in his spiritual palms, holding you, talking to you even though none of us can hear him.
    You just keep getting better and listen to your Daddy and Mommy when they talk to you. There’s a lot of love coming to you from them. We both look forward to seeing you as soon as we can. Keep struggling little man.

Aunt Pat and Uncle George

45. Lala 09. Jan, 2010 at 9:43 pm #

Makoa – tonight I found a star with your name on it! It was shining brightly with a twinkle that made my heart sing. I have yet to hold you but until that time, I will gaze at the night sky, throw a kiss to the moon and know that with each passing day your beacon of light will grow stronger. You have already illuminated our lives in ways you could never imagine.
    Love,
    Lala

46. Debbie & Ronnie Oglesby (Cory's parents) 10. Jan, 2010 at 12:16 am #

Welcome baby makoa, we send our love and prayers to both you and your family. Stay strong and positive and soon you will be coming home to your family. Such a pretty baby. Our family will be praying daily for you and your family. So with much love you are in our thoughts…

47. Katie Carter 10. Jan, 2010 at 8:41 am #

Dear Tiffany and Lindsey,
    I’ve been thinking about you and praying for you and Baby Makoa everyday. I pray that you have the strength and patience to make it through these long days at the NICU. Remember to take one day at a time. I will keep praying that your sweet baby comes home very soon.

48. Ryann (Corys sister) 10. Jan, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

FEARLESS Baby Makoa & Breeden Family,

With a big heart we send our love & prayers. Continue to be strong and keep up the faith! God will have you all home together soon :)

With much love from Vegas,
    Ryann, Robby & Brittnee!

49. Grammy and Papa 10. Jan, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

Baby Makoa
    I saw the most beautiful picture of you today and it lightened my spirit. You are 6 days old and getting stronger each day. Your mommy and daddy love you so very much and want to take you home. Your brother and sister are waiting to meet you. Their love is strong and it will give you strength. God has sent you to such a wonderful family. You are a blessing to us all. Smile when Daddy reads this to you, show them you hear our prayers.
    All our love,
    Grammy and Papa

50. Stan & Peggy Bell 10. Jan, 2010 at 7:55 pm #

Baby Mokoa, we know that Jesus has a perfect plan for you. Rest in His arms as He continues to heal you and grow you into the little boy He planned for you to become. You are His perfect creation.
    Love Peggy, Stan and our boys